Entry #38 was posted on April 5, 2011.
Its description is the description "Unlabeled."
It is tagged "marble" and "hornets".
In total, this clip is 3:29 long.
Main Theories and Observations
- If there is memory loss associated with contact to the Operator, perhaps that's the source of Jay's 7-month blackout. ~mytyde
- Jay confirms that he did not upload enttry 37 (at least not consciously), as had previously been speculated.
- He doesn't tell where he got the tape, and he lost the bunch of tapes he got in the hotel. What's going on…?
- While the sudden appearance of supposedly lost footage and no explanation for getting his youtube account back under his control is strange, this video and Entry #39 sheds some serious doubt on the 'Jay Is Masky During His Blackouts" theory, as Jay doesn't recall 7 whole months, but looking at this video and 39, he was able to drive, handle basic technology and other than a (very) healthy paranoia, wasn't showing any signs of mental issues. Also, his cough seems to be completely gone from the events of 36, onward.
*Alex talks about criminals being hung on trees and getting stretched out as though on a rack. Could this be the origin of the Operator/Slenderman?
The suit would be easy to explain with one of the theories above: It was the suit worn by the condemned, prior to his burial/cremation. It's funeral garb from the 19th century, which has changed little since then. ~ Zeta Kai
- But how would his suit extend with his arms unless it was made of silly putty? Unless you think maybe the Operator, as a ghost or something, can choose to appear in the clothes he wore as he died however he wants… ~slenderbender
Theory 3 written; Credits to Zeta Kai for his comment above. ~ Zairuen (AKA Isaac)
*Could the Operator be one of the criminals mentioned in this Entry? ~anothga